Re: Cron problem/Documentation and Setup

At 02:25 AM 8/19/2004, you wrote:
>Larry Hall wrote:
>
>>>This doesn't explain why it worked at my last company and why I could have sworn it used to work here up until about a week ago.
>>
>>Well, if you can check the access permissions on the share in question, you should be able to determine whether this is an issue or not.
>
>At this company I don't think they'll let me. But assuming I could, what exactly would I look for? IOW what would indicate a "public" mount and what would indicate a "non-public" mount?

See if "Everybody" or "Guest" have permissions.  Generally speaking, you're
looking for ids with access which don't require authentication.  For
pre-defined groups, this comes down to the two I mentioned.  Theoretically,
others could be created that fit this definition but limit access to just
those within a defined group.  I haven't tested the notion.  It's just an
idea that seems workable.

Holliston, MA 01746