children processes left alive

Hi,

I want to run some common daemons within cygwin rather than using windows services to control them, like proftpd, cron, ssh.

I have noticed that when I simply launch them from my cygwin shell window, like:

/usr/sbin/sshd
/usr/sbin/proftpd
/usr/sbin/cron

The applications work fine. However, if I connect via SSH or FTP, then disconnect, it leaves the child process that handled my connection running. In other words, children processes never die!

What I would like to know is how to run those daemons entirely within the cygwin shell and not as a separate windows service, like this:

Start cygwin bash shell --> Have Cygwin (via init) startup the various daemons.

Thanks!

Dan