Re: cygwin 1.5.11: execv doesn't set argv[0] on Windows programs

This is what Dave Korn said:

>But it's fair to point out that the argv concept is not part of the OS,
>it's part of a compiler support library;

You don't seem to be getting the concept that this is not part of the
OS.  It is an extension imposed by msvcrt.dll.  If the application
doesn't use msvcrt.dll then there is no guarantee that argv[0] will be
set as expected.

You can write 100 programs showing that you are seeing argv and argc.
That doesn't mean that it is part of the standard Windows API.

cgf