RE: Weird bug with cp -f [solution that works for me]

  *Nothing* co-exists "happily" with that godawful norton/symantec/mcafee garbage.
Not even notepad.  It's the worst software in the world.  Anything that continues
to run after norton has been installed is only succeeding by good luck.  If you
want me to enlarge on that, we'll have to TITTTL.

    cheers,
      DaveK