Re: Add requirement for SYSTEMROOT to FAQ?

On Oct  6 21:53, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Didn't we resolve that the need for SYSTEMROOT in the environment should
> be in the FAQ at some point?
>
> Joshua, could you add something about how SYSTEMROOT is required for proper
> operation with winsock?

That would be good.

> Or, even better yet, Corinna could we force SYSTEMROOT to be used
> somehow but masked if someone removes it from the environment?

Hmm, usually applications which suffer from a missing SYSTEMROOT are
spawned by a parent process which has explicitely created a new
environment block for the child and then calls execvp.  So the new
child is already missing SYSTEMROOT on process startup.  What about
always adding SYSTEMROOT to the windows env created in build_env,
if it's missing?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.