Re: wstring, how?

Larry Hall wrote:

At 07:44 PM 10/22/2004, you wrote:

#include <string>
class{
std::wstring wstr;   //<<== syntax error before ; token
};

g++ -Wall -g -c program.exe -o filename.cpp

Can someone tell me what I am dong wrong or why I get this error message?

Presuming you're using the latest Cygwin gcc/g++ release (3.3.3), take a look at /usr/include/g++-3/string and I think you'll find your answer.
You can add the wstring typedef yourself and then things compile fine, assuming you fix the 'typo' of the missing class name.

Gerrit, do you know why <string> has the wstring typedef commented out?

wchar_t and wstring are not in newlib and so they are not in cygwin.

Gerrit -- =^..^=