Re: wstring, how?

At 05:54 AM 10/24/2004, you wrote:
>Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>>>Yeah, I thought of that but then I grepped through newlib and there seemed to be plenty of references to it.
>
>Actually I'm getting nothing:
>gerrit@loreley /winsup/src/newlib
>$ grep -r wstring *
>
>gerrit@loreley /winsup/src/newlib
>$

Sorry, I wasn't specific in my reply.  'wchar_t' is referenced in newlib.
'wstring' is only defined (typedef) in '/usr/include/g++-3/string' but it
is commented out.  Like I said though, if you uncomment it (or put the same
definition in the code), everything compiles/links fine.  So, on the face
of it, it would appear that using 'wstring', 'wchar_t', and, presumably,
wide-character functions are possible with Cygwin.  Am I missing something?

Holliston, MA 01746