re-installing cygwin...

A "heads up":
(Re)installing seems to be somewhat problematic currently.

I have had cygwin installed at "C:\Program\Cygwin\" since I first installed
it. Now I came to the point where I wished to move it to E:\Cygwin\ - just
for convinience. (C: will be populated with other things)

So, I gladly assumed that the local package dir would be useful here...
"let's reinstall from there". BUT; That was a NO GO path as it seems right
now. I've spent a couple of hours fiddling with different ways of installing
cygwin from there.
 The last thing I tried a few minutes ago was to RE-download the base files
and install them... well, I had to restart setup once to accomplish this.
It seems as I have succeeded with a base install now though.

I'll be checking this further as time permits. This might not happen before
next weekend though...

I kept a shorthand note-log of what happened and what I did...
attached it, just as setup.log.full (.bz2 as it was >100K)

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE Microcomputer systems            --72-->

** mailing list preference; please keep replies on list **

-- printf("LocalTime: UTC+%02d\n",(DST)? 2:1); --
--END OF MESSAGE--