RE: Can I launch a graphical windows app from within a cygwin ssh session

On Tuesday, November 02, 2004 4:55 PM, Mark Stuhr wrote
[--- cut ---]
> "Gerrit P. Haase" <> on Tuesday, November 02, 2004
> at 3:38 PM -0800 wrote:
[--- cut ---]
>>> restarting for whatever reason and I'm on the road.  I can dial in
>>> with my pocketpc and get an ssh session going to that server, at
>>> that point I'd want to kill that app, easy, then I need to restart
>>> that app so it will stay running on that server even after I
>>> disconnect my ssh session.
>>>
>>> How do I do that???
>>
>> VNC through a tunnel?
[--- cut ---]

> Mark Stuhr
[--- cut ---]

PocketPC might be running from a mobile phone or something.  VNC is
possible, but not optimized for the tiny display.  I've tried SSH client
+ VNC Viewer on my Zaurus SD-5500 (Sharp mobile Linux device) and
quickly decided I'd rather not do it again.

-Jason

PS - I apologize in advance for the legal disclaimer at the bottom of my
email message.  This is tacked on by our SMTP gateway and I have no
control over it.

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery
of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.