Re: Cron malfunction after date change

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 11:26:05AM -0500, Harig, Mark wrote:
>>cron.log, crontab.txt and cygcheck.txt attached.  Stopping and starting
>>cron is workaround that does resume correct cron behaviour, up until
>>next date change.  I've been able to reproduce this
>>(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-11/msg00153.html) problem also on
>>WinXP with slightly older cygwin1.dll version:
>>1.5.11-snapshot-20040720-12:03:09.
>>

>I concur.  It appears to be a bug in cron, or Cygwin's version of cron.

Can anyone point to some documentation which states that cron is
supposed to gracefully handle date changes?  Personally, I've always
restarted cron after a date change since I've noticed behavior like this
on linux in the past.  If that has been fixed, however, that would be an
interesting data point for linux (off-topic) and cygwin (on-topic).

cgf