Re: Need help compiling gaim-1.0.2

> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:18:55PM -0600, doug@polands.org wrote:
>> I'm relatively new to cygwin with a background in FreeBSD.  I'm
>> having problems compiling gaim-1.0.2 for cygwin and need
assistance.  >> Is this the right list to ask, or should I post on
cygwin-xfree?

> If you are trying to get an X version of gaim working and the problems
> you are having are obviously X-related then you should ask on
> cygwin-xfree.
>
> If the problems are generic "configure gives me errors" type of
> problems then you may ask here.

Well, I'm at the point "configure gives me errors" with GTK+.  I've
installed the following packages...

 gtk2-x11
 gtk2-x11-devel
 gtk2-x11-runtime

bug configure tells me...

...snip...

checking for getaddrinfo in -lsocket... no
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for silc... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
Package silc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `silc.pc'
No package 'silc' found
checking sys/utsname.h usability... yes
checking sys/utsname.h presence... yes
checking for sys/utsname.h... yes
checking for uname... yes
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.4.7)
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
*** config.log for the exact error that occured. This usually
*** means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error:
*** GTK+ 2.0 is required to build Gaim; please make sure you
*** have the GTK+ development headers installed. The latest
*** version of GTK+ is always available at http://www.gtk.org/.

I've searched the archives but have come up empty.  Obviously I'm
missing something here.

Thanks for your help.