Re: packages that should be in the cygwin distribution but aren't

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:50:19PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Maybe these are not standard packages for administrators, but since you
asked for development packages, these all are basic libraries or
compilers for developers.

And, yet, I'm a developer, and I don't have one of those libraries on my
system.
Anyway, I think I got your point. I was really missing top, but today I learned that it is already part of the distribution.

Do we have the at command? smartmontools? ntfs-progs? some watchdog?

I'm looking into adding some mstask.h and ntifs.h to w32api,
but my time is limited.
I'd prefer far more diagnostic features for developers,
esp. better /proc.
Maybe hook those automounts off cygwin.dll and let mount handle that on demand.
And some more parts of util-linux.
And some kind of port for getloadavg().
And some hook for mount to load + unload (!) ntifs-based drivers in unix fashion: ext2fs, ext3fs, procfs, romfs, swapfs, cofs, devfs, ...
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/