Re: linking against cygz.dll and cygwin1.dll from visual studio.net 2003

At 09:12 AM 11/13/2004, you wrote:
>I am trying to link a C-project against cygz en cygwin1 from visual studio.net
>2003. With some effort it compiles, but gives a error in the linking stage:
>
>D:/programming/cygwin/bin/cygz.dll : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt
>file
>
>The project compiles and links fine with gcc.
>
>Is it possible at all to use visual studio with cygwin, and if so, is there a
>simple hello world project for download somewere that demonstrates this?

You can find some references to this in the email archives, although so far
no one who has been interested enough in this subject to ask about it or
find a "work-around" has been motivated to provide a patch to make this
work automagically.  Here's one reference with claimed success:

<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-06/msg00274.html>

It would be great if you or others that have interest in this route could
follow this through and provide some patches to make it "just work" with
Cygwin.

Holliston, MA 01746