Re: Oracle, ProC and cygwin - troubles

Thanks for your reply.

We have now modified the registry with the keys, as described by Gerrit, to increase the heap size. The result is the same.

I can give some more details that we have encountered. It is possible to run the program in gdb, but only if we compile and link with oraSQL10.lib:
gcc -g -DNOTIMEOUT -DORACLE -DNO_ACS -o sample1 sample1.c cygdrive/c/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db_1/precomp/LIB/oraSQL10.lib

But when we run the program from the command line it gives this output, and we are sure there is only 1 cygwin1.dll:

c:\cygwin\home\sample1.exe (1096): *** cygheap version mismatch detected .
You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your system.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.

If we link against the two oracle dll's as described earlier, we got this error as described earlier:
    6 [main] ? 2884 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve 9891528 bytes of
space for cygwin's heap (0x61780000 <0xB40000>) in child, Win32 error 487
c:\cygwin\home\z6mhb\sample1.exe (2884): *** m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress
 0x61780000, m.RegionSize 0x40000, m.State 0x10000

Kind regards,
Martin

www.kmd.dk   www.kundenet.kmd.dk   www.eboks.dk   www.civitas.dk   www.netborger.dk

Hvis du har modtaget denne mail ved en fejl vil jeg gerne, at du informerer mig og sletter den.
KMD skaber it-services, der fremmer effektivitet hos det offentlige, erhvervslivet og borgerne.

If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me and delete it. Thank you.
Our mission is to enhance the efficiency of the public sector and improve its service of the general public.