1.5.12: non-blocking connect fails: deprecated method

Hi,

I ran into a backward compatibility issue with Cygwin.

When doing a non-blocking connect, you do a connect with a non-blocking fd, wait for the select() to report it back as writable, and then perform a getsockopt() to check the status of the fd.

However in older code (including mine, I upgraded it now however) you will find that instead of calling getsockopt(), they will call connect again (exactly as the initial call).

Connect in cygwin gives: Transport endpoint is already connected

But Linux 2.4.22 will return 0 and accept the socket as connected. Since I fixed my code, it's not an issue for me. But other people might run into it. You might want to support the older behaviour also.

Regards,

Ivo Palli