RE: UW-IMAP Problem with Outlook 2003

  Page 2 of that search link I gave you had one link in particular I noticed
about outlook and UW-IMAP:

http://my.brandeis.edu/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001hT

And there's an entry there that says

--------------------quote--------------------
Response to OE problems.
There were a few documented problems with Outlook Express and UW IMAP a few
months back; perhaps one or more of them still apply:

http://bugs.debian.org/127790
http://bugs.debian.org/108719
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q274259
--------------------end quote--------------------

  Since OE and Outlook are almost certainly have the same shared codebase,
it's entirely possible that problems have propagated from OE to Outlook 2k3.

  Debian bug 127790 is  "uw-imapd: Outlook crash when there are subscribed
folders other than Inbox" and #108719 is "imapd causes outlook xp/outlook
2000 to crash".

> PS: cygcheck attached thsi time

  That's not "attached".  That was appended.  It's much better if you can
actually attach cygchecks rather than append them, because they don't half
give an awful lot of false-positives when you start trying to search the web
archives for the name of a program or package you're having trouble with.

[  This is a convention of the mailing list, but I notice it isn't mentioned
at http://cygwin.com/problems.html and maybe it should be.  ]

    cheers,
      DaveK