Re: pax available?

Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote in
6.1.0.6.0.20041122122951.0431ca30@pop.prospeed.net:">news:6.1.0.6.0.20041122122951.0431ca30@pop.prospeed.net:

> At 12:26 PM 11/22/2004, you wrote:
>>Subject: Re: pax available?
>>Newsgroups: news.gmane.org:gmane.os.cygwin
>>To: Cygwin List <cygwin@cygwin.com>
>>
>>Larry Hall <xxx@xx.xxx> wrote in
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>>> Again, don't feed the spammers.
>>> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/PCYMTNQREAIYR>
>>
>>I'm working on it. I just finally got the NNTP interface to work. My
>>newsreader is configured to munge the email address for the same
>>reason you mention above and I was never getting the confirmation
>>email.
>>

>>IIRC the NNTP interface at gmane.arg will scramble the email addresses
>>automatically.
>>

> Well, not quite but better.  See above.
>

>>> I haven't looked at the source but perhaps all you need is to add
>>> '#include <errno.h>'?
>>

>>It's already in there. I'm going to have to dig deeper or wait and see
>>if someone on this list has already fixed the problem.
>

> Indeed!
>
> Good luck,

Got it to work! The problem was actually in compiling lib/makepath.c. I
manually compiled it adding the -DHAVE_ERRNO_H definition argument as
below.

cd /usr/src/paxutils-2.4h/lib

gcc -DHAVE_ERRNO_H -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I. -g -O2 -c
makepath.c

Next I relinked the entire package and got a valid pax.exe which I
subsequently moved to /usr/local/bin and that was it.

cd /usr/src/paxutils-2.4h
make
mv src/pax.exe /usr/local/bin/

I don't understand the Makefile's well enough to automate this but if
anyone else wants to give it a shot, have at it. --
Chuck