Re: Suggesting an application

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 12:10:42PM -0000, John Macallister wrote:
>I too would find having tcpdump available a great asset. I use windump
>but it has some failing which irritate me. For example I haven't been
>able to get it to display hex and ascii output at the same time as
>tcpdump can and which is very useful.

It might be instructive for both you and the OP to review the procedure
package submission.  It is not on a "per-request" basis.  Packages are
added when someone volunteers to provide and support them.

We don't vote on how useful something would be in the cygwin mailing
list.  It's a lot easier than that.  If you want the package, then you
can just simply package it up, propose it to cygwin-apps, and, with
luck, you can eventually announce its inclusion to cygwin-announce.

http://cygwin.com/setup.html