Re: Failing to mount from nfs-server

On Dec 3, 2004, at 3:00 PM, Michael Butler wrote:

When I add -overs=2 to the mount command, I get a permission denied
error instead of the server down error.  Can anyone help me?

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:06:08 -0800, Michael Butler <mikebutler@gmail.com> wrote:
I installed the latest cygwin with nfs-server and the required support
packges, along with nothing else extra.  I ran nfs-server-config,
changed my exports, and started the daemons in the windows services.
All 3 have "started" but when I try to mount shared directories from a
Fedora Core 2 client on the same network, I get

mount to NFS server '192.168.1.2' failed: server is down.

rpcinfo -p from the localhost and from the client both return the
following info:
  program vers proto   port
   100000    2   tcp    111
   100000    2   udp    111
   100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
   100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
   100005    1   udp    850
   100005    2   udp    850
   100005    1   tcp    853
   100005    2   tcp    853

nmapping these ports shows each of them as open except for 850.  There
is no firewall software on the server machine.  My exports file is as
follows:
/mnt/c/export/root      *(ro,no_root_squash,sync)
/pub                            *(ro,no_root_squash,sync)

It seems to me as though this should be a working setup. Did I miss something?

Try removing the '*' in the exports file and restarting things. I've had problems with using only the *. Your milage may vary though.

Enjoy,
Peter