Re: User name with spaces and Cygwin web site suggestion

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

> This is strange. Could you send us the output of mkpasswd and indicate
> both the name you use to log in into Windows and the name returned by id -un

I didn't run mkpasswd manually because I have changed the account user
name before installing Cygwin and assumed that it would be run by the
regular initialization. Isn't that the case?

If not, and if I have to run it manually in this case too, it is not clear
to me what I have to do. Documents I find for mkpasswd describe it as
either printing user information or generating passwords, and it doesn't
look like that's what I want to do here. I don't know what parameters to
use. The mkpasswd I have installed seems to be useful only for printing
/etc/passwd information. Can you help me here?

Thanks,

Rodrigo