Re: Can't configure setup.exe from CVS (and a plea for setup.exe alternative)

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 03:43:11PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for attempting this.  Your problems building setup.exe are one of the
reasons I started the "setup.exe sucks" thread over in cygwin-apps.

It seems that setup sources are often broken and it takes a long time for
anyone to fix that fact due to typical free software scheduling problems.

So, I'd like to move to more off-the-shelf software that doesn't have to
be supported by the anemic community of cygwin users who actually know
how to program, have time to program, and are interested in helping out.

Anyone know of a suitable, free setup-like utility that could be pressed
into service for use with cygwin?

Oh, and I fixed this on the server side.  The process which creates the
"mirrors.list" file that setup.exe uses will no longer output "^rsync:"
lines to that file.

This should still be fixed in setup.exe for completeness but I won't
hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

cgf