tcsh inheriting path from windows

I can't get tcsh to correctly inherit my path from windows. The spaces in things like "Program Files" get turned in :'s If I use bash instead, then everything works fine.

I read many of the threads on the mailing list and people seem to suggest that you have to remove these from your path or set them manually in your .tcsh.

Is there any way to make this work correctly? Why does it work under bash and not tcsh?

thanks,
marc