Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: coreutils-5.2.1-2

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > Instead of attempting to fix every command with this problem, I'd prefer
> > to not have the .exe extension in the first place.
> >
> > How do I disable this not-needed feature in gcc?

Let me rephrase this:

How can I configure gcc to not add the .exe?

(I am hoping that I don't have to diff the cygwin source to find where
this was changed. By the way, where do I download the files like shown at
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=gcc-core%2Fgcc-core-3.4.1-1-src&grep=gcc-core
?)

> > (I will not use old Windows that needs it.)
>
> I've answered this one already:
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-12/msg00671.html>.  To reiterate: use
> "gcc -o progname." (note the trailing ".").

This will not work for me. I'd prefer to not add a trailing period to
every use of gcc. This is a work-around.

I do already have a gcc wrapper, so maybe I could make this happen, but
I'd prefer not too.

Where is gcc configured or patched to add the ".exe" in the first place?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/