Re: cygwin reboots my PC randomly

On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:31 AM [EST], Igor Pechtchanski
wrote:

> Unless you have a cron job that runs "shutdown -r" or "reboot" :-),
> Brian's reply pretty much explains it...
> Igor

A suggestion too - if you have mysterious reboots, turn off
"Automatically reboot" in the System control panel, under the Advanced
tab, and click the Startup and Recovery button.  That way, you
actually see the blue screen with the information that caused the
BSOD.

Otherwise, check the Event Logs, but I've seen times where crashes
were not properly recorded in the event logs.  So, turn off auto
reboot may be the best option.

--
Brian Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org  /  http://www.ahbl.org