RE: cygwin reboots my PC randomly

  That could mean anything.  In particular, do you mean it

1) ... spontaneously goes through the regular logging off and shutting down
windows procedure followed by a normal restart ...
2) ... crashes with a BSoD and reboots itself ...
3) ... suddenly and completely just stops what it was doing and immediately
restarts from the BIOS/power-on self-test screen, without any warning or error
whatsoever ....

... because these would all be caused by entirely different reasons.

  Have you tried changing all the font settings in all your X programs to
different fonts that you don't normally use?  That might _just_ get it......

    cheers,
      DaveK