cron + network share(w/ full access?)

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Sat Jan 10 01:25:00 GMT 2004

Alan London wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the message but cron_diagnose.sh doesn't seem to give me
> insight on what I'm trying to do.
>
> I was trying to perform a hack discussed in this thread:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01001.html
>
> I am attempting to have the cron service run as another user so that
> it can access network shares.

The best way to have cron access network shares is to leave cron running
as SYSTEM, make the share a public share and access it view a UNC path
(e.g. //server/share/path/file).
--
I was born by Caesarean section, but you really can't tell...except that
when I leave my house, I always go out the window...