Re: Cannot build 21.4.16 under cygwin (gcc 3.3.3)

Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> writes:

> Henry,
>
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 05:22:48PM +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>> > Suggestions?  I tried using Jason Tishler's rebase on xemacs.exe,
>> > but it refused. . .
>>
>> Ah, but rebasing cygwin1.dll _did_ fix the problem (once I had tracked
>> down cygserver and cygrunsrv in the Process Manager and nuked them).
>
> Rebasing cygwin1.dll is not recommended which is why rebaseall
> explicitly skips it.

Oops -- sorry, your instruction page didn't mention that.

What do you recommend given the evidence so far?

[I am now also suffering from the "cygheap base address mismatch"
phenom., presumably as a result, from at least one app (psql), so I
would like a better solution.]

So, I should reinstall a clean cygwin, then rebaseall?  My naive
assumption was that was much _more_ drastic than just rebasing the
dlls involved. . .

Thanks v. much for tool and help,

ht
                     Half-time member of W3C Team