Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.

> Message from "Christopher Faylor" on 01/05/05 08:38 PM PT quoted:
> > How do you feel about the off-color content in the cygwin fortune
files?

> >   [ ] Offended.  Think about the children!
> >   [ ] Not offended.  Stop bothering me with your Puritanical values.
> >   [ ] Don't care.  Can we go back to talking about how negative this
list is now?
        [X] Why keep the material?.....remove from Distribution.

I don't think it has anything to do with Christianity or Atheism or PC
or Free Speech..or being Hip or Cool....or forcing anything on
anybody..........

It's merely obscene crudity.

If it's better suited to publication on the wall of a public toilet than
on the wall of your living room, for all to ponder and appreciate, then
why keep it.

If someone's interest runs in that direction that interest can easily be
fulfilled elsewhere.

Most folks are already bombarded with enough incoming material that
requires opting-out of, or in this case excising,....... .when you never
would have opted-in.. .....if you actually had a choice up front......

bobp

.