Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 6:18 PM
Subject: RE: Obscene content in cygwin file.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> Perhaps. Could somebody tell me the single-best reason for providing > the profanity at all?

A number of people like them.

Best,

Rodrigo

A number of people like hard pore cornography too. Cygwin doesn't provide that, at least not in visual form, at least not that I'm aware of.

The question stands:  What is the reason Cygwin should provide this obscene
content?

This is a good question. For reference, this is the warning I got after I selected fortune for installation on SuSE Linux today:

"Together with a lot of funny sayings fortune also contains some sayings which
may not be fully "politically correct". These sayings are nevertheless included
as SuSE does not want to apply any censorship to fortune. Please note that not
all users may appreciate all fortune sayings. Please do not install fortune in
this case."