Re: perl 5.8.6

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
Your libwin32 package, does it work on Win98 / ME?

I cannot test that in ME/98 now. Laptop needs a new power cable and vmware was too big for my hd.

I have included Yitzchak's patch and the Win32CORE module statically
into perl, now the users are getting:
 ntdll.dll is missing export atoi().

Hmmm. atoi() is used all over the place in the perl source...

I believe I or Rafael wrote a minor atoi() base 10 stub to be ntdll / strtol independent.
The whole atoi issue is to get rid of the slow strtol:
error checking, C locale only?

Shouldn't this dependency be resolved in cygwin/newlib?
Perl shouldn't care about that.

Why was this not a problem with 5.8.5 before including Win32CORE
statically?

Don't remember. But sorry, I'm very busy right now. Maybe tommorrow. Have to write a simple WOID - webshop-in-one-day. -- Reini Urban http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/