Re: cannot access $HOME (on Samba) via ssh

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jan 12 10:42, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> >
> > Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >
> > | Hmm, weird.  Can you, from an ssh session, run "net use
> > | '\\bierfass\dunkel' /user:dunkel '*'" and type in your password
> > | (assuming your username is 'dunkel' and that this is the name you
> > | normally use to authenticate with the Samba server)?  Does that
> > | command fail?  If not, are you able to access your home directory
> > | after issuing that command?
> >
> > Yes, it fails. I get
> >
> > $ net use '\\bierfass\dunkel' /user:dunkel '*'
> > Geben Sie das Kennwort fr \\bierfass\dunkel ein: Systemfehler 1312
> > aufgetreten.
> >
> > Eine angegebene Anmeldesitzung ist nicht vorhanden. Sie wurde
> > gegebenenfalls bereits beendet.
> >
> > Sorry, but I've got just a German version of Win2k. It says something
> > like
> >
> > $ net use '\\bierfass\dunkel' /user:dunkel '*'
> > Please enter the passwort for \\bierfass\dunkel: System error 1312 occured.
> >
> > The specified login session does not exist. Maybe the session was
> > already terminated.

I believe the English message is "A specified logon session does not
exist. It may already have been terminated.", so that was a pretty good
translation.

> > There was no time to enter a password. The system error message came
> > up immediately.
>
> Yes, that's Windows for you.  The interactive features don't like to
> work in pseudo ttys.  Try this:
>
>   net use '\\bierfass\dunkel' '/user:DOMAIN\dunkel' 'your-password'
>
> Assuming the name of your domain is DOMAIN.

Right.  But isn't the error message indicative of the problem somehow?
When I try the above, I get error 1326 instead:

$ net use '\\myserver\myshare' /user:igor '*'
Type the password for \\myserver\myshare: System error 1326 has occurred.

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

So the logon session (token) does seem valid, whereas in Harald's case
Windows complains that it's invalid (and doesn't even ask for the passwd,
if I understood him correctly).
	Igor
P.S. Harald, you may also want to look at
<http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/win2k/setup/changeui.mspx>
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT