Re: cygwin bash shell window can't open

At 04:04 PM 1/20/2005, you wrote:
>Hi, cygwin users,
>
>I downloaded and installed cygwin in my window xp machine. When click
>Cygwin icon on the desktop, Cygwin window opened but in less than 1
>second, it closed automatically.
>
>I have installed Cygwin in other machine before. No such problems.
>Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

More than likely, this is a path problem.  However, to find out what
cygwin.bat is complaining about, open a DOS prompt and type in the full
path and name to cygwin.bat, i.e.:

c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat

Take a look at the complaints you get back from this.  That should point
you at the problem.  If you can't figure it out from there, see if you
can run 'c:\cygwin\bin\cygcheck -srv' (assuming you installed in 'c:\cygwin')
and *attach* that to any follow-up correspondence you have with the list.

Holliston, MA 01746