make-3.80: Unpatched patchable bugs in cygwin

Hi.

I recently hit a bug in the latest version of make-3.80 that's
distributed by Cygwin.

This bug, or something closely related has been reported to the cygwin
list a couple of times before:

I don't see any responses to either of these emails. Does Cygwin have a
policy of not applying local patches to the packages that it ships?

The basic problem is that make doesn't save/restore certain context when
making recursive calls to implement the $(eval) function. The latest CVS
version of make has this. Fedora also includes a patch (derived from
make's CVS) that fixes the problem I hit, and another problem that looks
to be basically the same thing.

This patch is part of FC2/FC3's source RPM for make-3.80. I've attached
it for reference.

Is there any chance this could get into Cygwin? It'd be really great to
have a standard Cygwin install without this bug, rather than having to
maintain my own builds for make...

Thanks.

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren@nvidia.com        http://www.nvidia.com/