resolution smaller than application

My Windows Xp resolution is smaller than the real Xwindows application
resolution that i am running.
So i get only a section of the Xwindows screen application.
Is it possible to get all the real Xwindows screen on my Windows XP? or at
least to pan with the mouse in order to see the hidden parts of the big
screen? or to scale the real Xwindows size to my WIndows Xp size?