Unable to properly execute a let statement from a shell script

Hi all,

I am running bash on XP

I have a very simple script a.sh

a.sh:

====================
export P=1
let Q=$P+1
echo P=$P
echo Q=$Q
====================

Case 1)
If at prompt I run:

a.sh
let: not found
P=1
Q=

Case 2)
If I run:

bash a.sh
P=1
Q=2

I know that I could modify a.sh by adding #!/bin/bash
at the top of the file but I would need to avoid this
otherwise I have to modify too many scripts

Is there a way to run a.sh like in Case 1 and get the
proper result like in Case 2?

Thanks
Paolo