20050208 snapshot = yay! (Was: Re: hyperthreading fix, try #1)

Rolf Campbell wrote:
This test does fail (in the same way) on non-hyperthreaded machines (Win2000Pro on a PIII). But, this is a regression from 1.5.12 (that test runs fine on the non-HT machine with 1.5.12. There was (maybe still is) a problem with running "make -j" without the max task counter, but "make -j2" has always worked very well on non-ht machines.

I will try out some other snapshots and see if I can narrow down the time when this showed up later today.

-Rolf

I've tried yesterday's snapshot with my test-case, and with my real build system. So far, things look very good.

-Rolf