Re: perl & Win32 lib support

linda w wrote:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

What exactly is giving the error, and what error are you getting?

I had an IsWinNT is undefined error message 2 days ago, but I removed some
old-seeming directories (since I have 5.8.6 installed, I thought I'd
try deleting older versioned directories, though I have no 5.8.6
directories and most of the perl-lib files I had installed were under
/lib/perl5/5.8.5 which seems odd -- I would have thought installing a
newer perl would have installed lib files in 5.8.6...(?)

The naming scheme changed. D+LL name is cygperl_5.8.dll and directories are named .../5.8/... The reason is that you can keep your modules when 5.8.7 is released, unless binary compatibility breaks.

The error/build messages I am seeing now are:
[...]
3) Processing hints file hints/cygwin.pl
  Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lole32
  Note (probably harmless): No library found for -loleaut32
  Note (probably harmless): No library found for -luuid
  Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lmsvcrt40
### these are all libs I see in /usr/lib/w32api as "lib<libname>.a"

Then -L/usr/lib/w32api is missing in hints/cygwin.pl.

4) Warning: prerequisite Win32API::Registry 0 not found.
  Writing Makefile for Win32::TieRegistry

5) make[2]: Entering directory `//ishtar/share/CPAN/build-cygwin/GSAR001/libwin32-0.191/APIFile'
Makefile:705: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
### This appears to be a bug in the Makefile, line 704 has a target,
### but the build-line on line 705 isn't tab-indented, it's space indented
### which would seem to be a problem in the source that builds the Makefile

This is annoying, I get it occasionally, I believe it is a bug in
MakeMaker, but I couldn't find it yet. Does the build continue if you add the missing tab and run make again?

Gerrit -- =^..^=