RE: Re: random errors from "rm"

----Original Message----

  Everything norton have ever made interferes with and randomly breaks loads
of things in any system that is unfortunate enough to have it installed.  I
was going to say it was intermittent and inconsistent, but thinking about
it, I guess it's not after all: Norton Protected Recycle bin breaks
deleting, Norton Anti-Spam breaks email, Norton Internet Security breaks
internet access.... I think I see a pattern emerging.

  The only meaningful fix is through the Control Panel / Add and Remove
Programs / Uninstall every last bit of the damn thing.  And *then* you have
to go through the registry and filesystem by hand and get rid of all the
stuff that the faulty uninstaller left behind.

    cheers,
      DaveK