Re: cygwin bughunt (snapshot)

Cristopher Faylor wrote:
>David Dindorp wrote:
>>Bash seems to think that it's child has terminated prematurely.
>>Has anyone experienced something similar?
>>
>>Evidence: See the order of execution in the script below,
>>compare with what bash does (further below).
>
>>Version: snapshot 20050226 / bash 3.0.

[...]

>It's difficult to see how this could be an actual run
>of the above script.

I snipped irrelevant parts of the output, eg. long paths.
(FYI, the original log file is ~ 341.000 lines of output.)

[...]

>What happened to the leading slash?

Busted!  Damn...

[...]

>FWIW, when I try this, everything works as expected.  It's difficult
>to see how this could be executed out of order unless your tar
>and/or sleep are not standard cygwin programs.

It does work 90% of the time.
Under Cygwin 1.5.10, the problem is also there, and *MUCH* worse.

tar.exe, gzip.exe and sleep.exe are from *cough* 1.5.10 *cough*.
I was told that it doesn't matter as long as the Cygwin DLL
is a fresh nightly.  I'll replace them with 1.5.12-1's and catch
the error again (prolly in a couple of days or so) if that's
better?