Re: [SPAM] mkpasswd (249): [5] Access is denied. #workaround & speculation on cause

The workaround I'm considering is: to build a list of only the user logon names
we need for /etc/passwd (a fairly small subset of the domain), and then
write a shell script (driven by this list) to repeatedly call
"mkpasswd -l -d -u USERNAMEHERE >> /etc/passwd".

A co-worker speculates that Microsoft is "throttling" the queries to the
domain controller - allowing no more than 1500 or so account records at
a time; in order to prevent overloading the AD server.

I'd still be interested in what intelligent question I should ask of
our enterprise active directory admin though..