1.5.13: ssh -2 to sshd fails

    I installed openssh on a host (cygwin.out-ad1 attached), used
ssh-host-config -y.  After starting the service, when I tried to ssh to it,
I received the error message:

Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

    This was puzzling, because it worked fine on another host several
months earlier (cygwin.out-mx1 attached).

    Both have default sshd_config files, so protocol 1 and 2 are active.

    ssh -1 from unix clients succeeds to the problematic host.  ssh -2 from
itself succeeds on the problematic host (interesting!).  ssh -2 from unix
clients fails to the problematic host.  ssh -2 from other cygwin ssh
clients also fails to the problematic host.

    Using verbose options with the ssh clients did not yield helpful
information.

    Starting sshd with -ddd appeared to change behavior slightly; the
server would stop the service after each failed ssh attempt.  By design?
I've attached the sshd.log from a single start-and-fail-then-die.

    There are no firewalls involved.

    I would really like -2 to succeed.  Is there more information I can
provide to help?

    Thanks for your time in advance,
--
    - Isaiah