Has a solution been found to the problem with curses.h-termcap.h-tparm?

Hello, I am trying to build a MySQL client under Cygwin (configuring
with --without-server). I have tried versions 4.1.10 and 5.0.2. My Cygwin
version is the latest with the latest non-experimental versions of all
installed packages. Windows XP Pro SP2 + all additional updates.

When trying to build MySQL (either of the above mentioned versions), both
compilations end with an error described here (I found this using google):

Seems like the MySQL source is including both termcap.h and curses.h, which
brings to conflicting tparm types into the global namespace. I was wondering
if anyone has been successful in finding a way around this problem? I really
would like to solve this, because then I could ditch MSVC++ for my
developing needs altogether. I have managed to convert all our projects to
the cygwin tools except for one (a C++ program) that communicates with a
MySQL server.

/ Eric