disk not seen after adminstrative re-install

I should know that if it ain't broke, don't fix it,
but...

In any case, seeing in installation that installing as
user did not provide all functionality, I decided to
reinstall as administrator.  Following installation
and relogging in as myself, my first sign of something
fishy was an extra cygwin icon.  My real sign of
trouble was my second harddrive (e:) was nolonger
mounted.  I apparently have a double mount:

$ mount
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
j: on /cygdrive/j type system (binmode,noumount)
k: on /cygdrive/k type system (binmode,noumount)
l: on /cygdrive/l type system (binmode,noumount)
p: on /cygdrive/p type system (binmode,noumount)
q: on /cygdrive/q type system (binmode,noumount)

$ mount -p
Prefix              Type         Flags
/cygdrive           user         binmode
/cygdrive           system       binmode

FROM cygcheck:

Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service
Pack 3
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:\cygwin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
  (default) = `C:\cygwin/bin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `C:\cygwin/lib'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:\cygwin'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
  (default) = `C:\cygwin/bin'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `C:\cygwin/lib'
  flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options

a:  fd             N/A    N/A
c:  hd  NTFS     76222Mb  49% CP CS UN PA FC
d:  cd             N/A    N/A
e:  unk            N/A    N/A
j:  net NTFS      8789Mb   0% CP CS              sv2
k:  net NTFS      8789Mb   0% CP CS              sv2
l:  net            N/A    N/A
p:  net NTFS     76285Mb  58% CP CS UN PA FC
q:  net NTFS    114470Mb   9% CP CS UN PA FC     data
    Cygwin DLL version info:
        DLL version: 1.5.13
        DLL epoch: 19
        DLL bad signal mask: 19005
        DLL old termios: 5
        DLL malloc env: 28
        API major: 0
        API minor: 122
        Shared data: 4
        DLL identifier: cygwin1
        Mount registry: 2
        Cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
        Cygwin registry name: Cygwin
        Program options name: Program Options
        Cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
        Cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
        Cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
        Cygdrive default prefix:
        Build date: Tue Mar 1 11:01:37 EST 2005
        Shared id: cygwin1S4

Also, out from standard error with cygcheck, I got the
following:

cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() failed:
5
cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() failed:
59

I am considering just uninstalling and reinstalling as
myself, but can this be fixed up otherwise?  Decided I
really should just have a personal installation, as
local adminstrative privileges will soon be lost and
that might make a system install problematic for
updates. I was a little rash :-(