Re: disk not seen after adminstrative re-install

On Mar  8 09:38, Chris Winne wrote:
> I should know that if it ain't broke, don't fix it,
> but...
>
> In any case, seeing in installation that installing as
> user did not provide all functionality, I decided to
> reinstall as administrator.  Following installation
> and relogging in as myself, my first sign of something
> fishy was an extra cygwin icon.  My real sign of
> trouble was my second harddrive (e:) was nolonger
> mounted.  I apparently have a double mount:
>
> $ mount
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
> c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
> j: on /cygdrive/j type system (binmode,noumount)
> k: on /cygdrive/k type system (binmode,noumount)
> l: on /cygdrive/l type system (binmode,noumount)
> p: on /cygdrive/p type system (binmode,noumount)
> q: on /cygdrive/q type system (binmode,noumount)

Remove the user mounts using `umount -U' and you're done.

> Also, out from standard error with cygcheck, I got the
> following:
>
> cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() failed:
> 5
> cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() failed:
> 59

This might be a result of traverse checking being switched on.  Try
if you see the e drive when setting the environment variable CYGWIN
so that it contains "notraverse" and read the user's guide about the
CYGWIN setting "traverse".  The best way to solve that would be to
revisit the permissions on the toplevel directory on drive e.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.