Re: disk not seen after adminstrative re-install

On Mar  8 13:15, Chris Winne wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > The best way to solve that would be to
> > revisit the permissions on the toplevel directory on
> > drive e.
>
> Is that through windows?  I did go (as user) to the e:
> properties-security-advanced where everyone was
> allowed full control of everything, and also clicked
> the "Reset permissions on all child objects..." box,
> where it told me "e:\System volume information ...
> access is denied".  Is that where the solution is?

No.  The "System volume information" folder is only usable by the SYSTEM
account and that's expected.  Don't change that.

If you can still reproduce the behaviour, please drop "notraverse"
from the CYGWIN variable again and call `strace -o mount.trace mount'
and send the bzip'd mount.trace file to this list.  (should be below
6 or 7K).

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.