Re: cygwin.dll 1.5.13-1: hangs

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:24:36PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Mar  9 12:00, Chuck wrote:
>>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>The 2005-03-08 snapshot has been recreated by Chris yesterday, so it
>>>already contains the change.
>>
>>In my case, this snapshot does not fix the problem.  Now instead of
>>ssh-add hanging the first time it's run before prompting for the
>>passphrase, it now hangs *every* time after prompting for the
>>passphrase.  Plus, if I try to kill ssh-agent with "eval `ssh-agent
>>-k`", that hangs too.  Nothing will kill the agent.  Not even kill -9.
>
>Doesn't happen for me.  I can call ssh-agent, ssh-add, ssh-agent -k
>just fine.
>
>Sure you're not having another cygwin1.dll in the path?  Otherwise
>there's some difference in the environment which influences that,
>perhaps.
>
>>I guess that's why they're snapshots.  I am rolling back to the
>>pre-snapshot version of cygwin1.dll.
>
>Oh yeah, that's helpful.  What about sending your cygcheck output
>instead as explained on http://cygwin.com/problems.html and trying to
>see if strace shows something which points to the problem?
>
>Since I can't reproduce this so far, there won't be any change to this
>issue unless somebody helps debugging.

Getting strace output would be helpful.  You might have to modify the .bat
file which starts cygwin to do something like:

  strace -oc:\strace.out bash --login -i

or just run the above command from a normal cmd window.

It would also be useful to see what your startup scripts look like.  I
created an ssh-add.sh script in /etc/profile.d which looks like this:

  . /tmp/.sshagent 2>/dev/null

  if ! kill -0 $SSH_AGENT_PID 2>/dev/null; then
      setsid ssh-agent > /tmp/.sshagent
      . /tmp/.sshagent; ssh-add
  fi

This creates a ssh-agent once, connects to it via ssh-add, and then uses
it in subsequent operations.  It never hangs.

This particular problem is holding back the release of 1.5.14 so it
would be nice if someone could put some more effort into helping us
debug the problem.

cgf