Re: Reuse of old downloded cygwin packages

ya I have done like that only...but unfortunatly it does not work..
While doing setup, at the time of selecting packages only devel
portion shows two selections named gcc core  and  gcc - testsuite, all
other packages are showing nothing to install ...
now???

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:41:43 -0600, Paulo Sequeira
<psequeira@racsa.co.cr> wrote:
> Pradip Jadav wrote:
> > hello everybody..
> > I have a query regarding reuse of earlier downloaded packages...The
> > actual situation is like this..
> > Earlier I was having 6 GB hard Drive ,so i thought to replace my Hard
> > drive with 40 GB. I took backup of downloded and installed packages of
> > cygwin.. I was downloading in "D:\cygwin" and installed in
> > "c:\cygwin".In d:\cygwin there was a subfolder named
> > "http%3a%2f%2fsources-redhat.mirror.redwire.net%2fcygwin", where all
> > packages are present. Now I want to reuse it. So how to do that??
> > And another question is that whether I keep installed packages to
> > c:\cygwin or not in new hard drive??
> > thanx in advance...
> >

> So, you copied all of D:\cygwin to the new hard drive, right? Simply
> running D:\cygwin\setup.exe, and choosing to install from from local
> directory is all you need.
>
> I'm not completely sure about this, but I think that what is recommended
> to have cygwin installed in the new drive is to do a complete install
> with setup, instead of merely copying the contents of c:\cygwin. After
> that, to restore your c:\cygwin\home files, well, just take the backup
> you made of that directory and replace the contents of the new home with
> them. Note that, if you have manually unpacked and installed any files
> outside home, you may have to reinstall them again.
>
> This is what I would do, but beware, I haven't tried this for a while,
> and I may be wrong or missing details.
>
> --
> Paulo
>
> --