Re: Question regarding cygwin setup

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, raahi 108 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Question regarding installing Cygwin.
>
> I usually select packages/app from the setup menu.
> A couple of times i have encountered the problem, wherein
> the server/ftp site is busy or its unavailable. I almost spend like
> 10-15 mins customizing the whole setup, and selecting the
> packages which i need to install. But if the mirror is not working,
> the selections that i made are lost.
>
> What i was wondering is, is there a way to save the 'selection'
> to a file so that even if a particular mirror doesn't work, i can
> select other mirror and invoke the 'selections' made before?
> In this way, i don't have to browse the list again to select the
> packages i require.

Unfortunately, setup has no option to save the selection list.  Pressing
the Back button and changing the mirror may or may not keep your current
selections.  In any case, this problem should only happen if the mirror
goes down in the middle of the download, since it had to have been
available to get the setup.bz2 file.  You could try selecting multiple
mirrors from the mirror list (by holding Ctrl while selecting mirrors) --
that way, if one is unavailable, setup will automatically try another.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT