Re: How do I set up a cygwin mirror?

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 01:47:49PM -0500, Tim Brom wrote:
>I need to set up a cygwin mirror for my college and I was wondering what
>the proper way to do this is, who to notify so it can be added to the
>mirrors list, is rsync available

"is rsync available?" is a question that is easily answered by just trying
it, e.g.:

  rsync cygwin.com::

If it works, then yes, rsync is available.  If it doesn't work, then, no
it isn't.

In this case, yes, it is available.

>I searched the archives and someone posted that
>http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html had instructions, but I didn't see any
>instructions on that page.

Look again.  There are instructions on that page which specifically say
where to "send requests to be added to this list."

Note that the mirror has to be publicly available for it to be added
to this list.  We don't add private mirrors to the list for hopefully
obvious reasons.
--
Christopher Faylor			spammer? ->	aaaspam@sourceware.org
Cygwin Co-Project Leader				aaaspam@duffek.com