Re: rxvt problem: Prompt doesn't look very nice

Mikael wrote:
"Jonathan Arnold" wrote:

Mikael wrote:

It looks similar, if not the same, as the result when I tried to set bash as the default shell for a native Windows Emacs cvs version. I guess the \[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\] should display the cwd if it was working correctly, yes?

These are ansi escape sequences, which won't work "inside" emacs, because it isn't an ANSI terminal.

I really really hope that someone makes it work some day (I wish I had the knowledge to contribute), because it's on my top-three list of outstanding

Well, you aren't going to get a colored prompt from within Emacs, but you can set it up in your .bashrc so it is usable. I have this code in my .bashrc:

if [ "$EMACS" == "t" ]
then
    export PS1="*** \@ *** \w  ***\n\r"
else
    export PS1="*** $LCYAN\@$WHITE *** $YELLOW\w$WHITE  ***\n\r$NEUTRAL"
fi

So while it isn't colored, it gives me the info anyway.

Thanks for the link, now it looks much better. Now I just need to find a font I like. Thanks for replying so quickly Jonathan with such excellent

I checked the man page just sent out, and noticed the Shift-Keyboard-+ and - shortcut that steps through the various possible fonts. I'm not sure how you find out *what* font is selected, but it seems to work.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. -
 William H. Mauldin